1. Caffeine- it might seem obvious but in all honesty it gives you just the jolt you need to feel human again.....I honestly can't form a sentence in the morning until I have a cup of joe!
2. Statement Jewels- When it comes to making an instant statement, let a few key pieces do the talking. Wearing fun, unique jewelry takes your outfit from "oh, that's cute" to "wow, she looks great!". For more statement jewels be sure to check out Stella & Dot!!
3. White Button Down- You guys, you need at least 3 white button downs/white shirts in your closet just as staples. When you have nothing else to wear they are the perfect piece to throw on in a bind and they have a non-chalant chic quality that can't be surpassed. I'm always on the hunt for ones with special details like sheer panels or a funky collar.
4. Bold Lip Color- When you are a busy girl with little time to do your makeup you would be shocked at how your look can be elevated with the right bold lip. I'm super fair with light hair and no matter how much sun I get (or the amount of bronzer I pile on) I still look washed out when I'm tired....so a bold lip color is a must. It might take some time to find the right shade for you but trust me, its worth it!!!
5. Printed Pants- Ok, anyone that knows me knows that printed pants have a fond place in my heart. They just take a simple pair of denim up a notch without even trying. Throw a pair on with your white shirt, statement jewels, bold lip color and sip down some caffeine and boom......good to go!!!!
|top: free people (similar here)// jeans: madewell (similar here)// shoes: shoemint (similar here)// jewels: stella & dot|
photos by the amazing molly stillman who I'm linked up with today