Thursday, September 27, 2012

"The Momiform Diaries" Lesson #2: Lighten Up




dress: bcbg (old), top worn under dress: stylemint// shoes: 3.1 phillip lim// sunnies: marc by marc jacobs

Soooo the second lesson I'm sharing with you guys for "The Momiform Diaries" is actually the first lesson I learned after SHOCKINGLY finding out that I was becoming a mother. For the first 4 months of my pregnancy I was convinced I was having a girl....like I literally went out and bought an entire closet full of baby girl clothes.....needless to say at the 20 week sonogram I found out I was having a boy.....and everything changed. That was my first realization that nothing in life is how you expected it to be.
When you lighten up and see the world as how it is and not how it should be it allows you to experience new things...I never looked back after finding out I was having a boy...in fact, after seeing my husband's face in that room after we heard the news I thought to myself "I will just keep popping boys out just to see that look again." And my sweet doodle bug baby boy is the most amazing thing I have ever created in my life.
So I guess my point is....LIGHTEN UP, with life and with fashion. Is that my 65 lb pound puppy in a red polka dress that just so happens to match her mommy's? Why yes, yes it is....and do you know why she is wearing that rediculous dress.....because she is the only other girl I get to dress right now....and because life is short!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Loooove the 3rd pic! But poor dog, she doesn't seem very happy and confident in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually she usually prances around when she wears that dress, it's pretty funny

      Delete
  2. I love this! So true, life is unexpected, but that's the best part right? LOVE your red dress and love that your doggy is dressed up the same. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah! You are so cute, Brooke! I love this message! And you have no idea...once I get a dog...I'm planning to dress him up too...Yes, him...in girl's clothes...even though it's going to be a boy! Girl's clothes are just so cute..and for a dog, oh who cares! He'll learn to love it! :)
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love that you and your dog are wearing matching pieces. You look so lovely!

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love them regardless their gender, hair color, shape, temperament.....they are ours...that's all it matters....
    You and your dog look perfectly coordinated bTW!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I was SO hoping that I was having a girl the first time I was pregnant. (It was a boy.) Then the second time I was convinced it was a girl, (it was a boy.) Now I don't know what I would do if I had a girl! My little boys are so awesome. You look so cute and I love the matching polka dots.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good life lesson!! You look stunning in that dress and you have the nicest dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous as usual! And what... we LOVE those shoes<3

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you once again for sharing an important life lesson, we all need to be reminded from time to time. Love the coordination going on here, and she looks really cute. Those loafers steal our hearts - so damn gorgeous.

    BTW, thanks for the videos, they're so inspiring.... Love love love both looks , especially the "block it off" - super-chic!

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post!
    xx

    Johanna, Sweden
    ART, FASHION

    ReplyDelete