Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Copycat Lookbook: Solange Knowles

image via nylon magazine












dress: fabric (similar here )// coat: tobi (similar here )// shoes: bcbg (loving the wedge version here )// sunnies: kawaiikitschbya // gloves: wilsons leather (similar here )// bag: shoemint // necklace: stella & dot
photos by the amazing molly stillman

Ok let me start by saying thank you guys sooo much for all of your comments on Monday's post...it really does mean the world to me!!!! Then let me say that today's Copycat Lookbook post (where I find outfits I love and recreate them with pieces I already own) was the first time that I actually toned down a look (shocking I know). Now, I lurve me some Solange Knowles, I respect her fearless fashion sense and think she amazing....but I just could not bring myself to style this yellow dress with the leopard coat with pink and purple accessories.....nope, I just couldn't do it!!! I still love the yellow with the leopard though, obviously.

Then let me say that ok, I know this isn't really a "mom" outfit but I too have parties and events that I have to go to (ok so like once or twice a month) but still....and when I do get the opportunity to dress up I wear some leather gloves, a leopard coat and some heels mmmmk, mmmmk.  And I'm sure you noticed that Molly and I had some fun with this shoot....I mean I'm on a tennis court people, I couldn't help myself!

PS the winner of TheCover from graphique de france will be announced on Friday :)

And now for the necklace du jour.....The Stella & Dot Olivia Bib



36 comments:

  1. Always love a leopard coat and I love the last pic. I love Solange Knowles style too and she gets dissed a lot!
    Sheree xx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure it's a "Mom" outfit. A stylish mom ;-)
    www.justbefresh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! You have such an amazingly sophisticated style! Love it! Congrats on 1 year of blogging! I'm following you now and would love it ==f you could check my blog out sometime! (That coat is to die for!)

    XOXO

    EK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you totally look way better than her! You are so gorgeous, I love everything about this outfit. And I spy some fabulous sunnies by Allison! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures! Especially love that dress. I need to try the peplum trend - I like how this is subtle. You look FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first thing I thought when I saw this post was - long gloves!! oh man - amazing. The whole look is fab but I think the gloves are my favourite part :)

    Katie
    Loverly She

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is so gorgeous! i love your version of it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that yellow dress! The whole outfit is completely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing look! :)

    Would you like to follow each other?! let me know on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is stunning darling, love this look ! <3 such a cutie on the last pictures !

    wanna follow each other on Facebook also ?

    Kisses
    Hannah
    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit, you look fab !!!! Great dress and the necklace is so pretty!

    Alessia
    THE
    CHILI COOL

    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photo shoot! The outfit is beautiful!

    Happy new year doll!
    thepurpleclown.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so glamorous! Love the leopard, yellow, and coral together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely look, great coat!

    Xx
    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing coat you look like a start!

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not gonna lie, I really like your look better than Solange's. Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVES IT! Looking forward to nxt wk with the cape!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your photo by the net.. ahahahah made my day! your copy cat looks always look BETTER than the original times a million! ps.. the tennis courts... DIG! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that how you recreate the outfit of Solange's. Actually I think I love your outfit a bit more, especially for the winter, the gloves definitely adds a special tough!

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg this is amazing! i love her and you made it even better!! totally love the shades too. so awesome :)

    http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU KILLED IT HERE MONIKA!!!!!!!WOW!!!LOOOOOOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great look!

    i like the clutch!


    xx Mounia
    Www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah this is such a cool look. You nailed it. Loving the coat. Looks so soft and warm.

    Your blog is awesome; You've got yourself a new follower dear! :)

    Lots of love; Pauline
    www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG !!!
    I love your dress, your coat, your gloves, your glasses, your shoes, your clutch!
    Your style is just perfect!

    Kisses from Camilla Brizi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great outfit. Love the necklace and your shoes.
    Looks amazing!

    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice look! Great jacket!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The gloves=my favorite!!! I love how you put this together! Yellow is such a great color for you and of course that leopard coat is gorgeous!
    :)
    Allison

    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy, and get free domestic shipping with code FREESHIP

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing outfit! Honestly! You're gorgeous. I'm a new follower!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I adore your take on the outfit, you look very elegant & chic!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I adore this look. So chic! xx

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing pictures!!!

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete