Monday, February 17, 2014

Don't Be Afraid To Give Up the Good To Go For the Great









blue jacket: old, similar here // leather jacket: old, similar here // jeans: madewell (similar here) // boots: via amazon similar here // bag: balenciaga // hat: michael stars (similar here)








leather top: all saints (similar here) // white shirt: free people (similar here) // kimono: castles couture (similar here) // jeans: joe jeans (similar here) // coat: madewell (available here) // bag: balenciaga // hat: stylemint (similar here)

 This month's We the Fashionati Style Profile is "A Lesson in Layers" and If you guys are like me you have been acquiring pieces that you can't wait to wear for Spring….so wear those pieces now just layer and layer…..and layer!!!

I'm going to be real for a second (yes this is a long post) for the past couple of months I haven't been able to put as much into the blog and responding to you guys as much as I would like because toddler hood and potty training are kicking my ass…also I've gotten into a rut….but when Who What Wear's 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge came across my screen this weekend it seemed like just the right kick to get me into high gear. I'll be posting 3 looks today and then starting Wednesday I'll play catch up with the first 4 looks from the challenge and then following up every day….. because as John D. Rockefeller so aptly pointed out "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great"

PS if you are in the Triangle area be sure to head to The Loft at Southpoint from 6:00 to 9:00 to meet me and see how to style Spring's key pieces…..plus there will be macarons and a special discount….need I say more?

                                                  Tigers Don't Lose Sleep Fashion Bash                                                

Hosted by Brooke Allen
LOFT Streets of Southpoint
6910 Fayetteville Road
Durham, NC 27713
Tuesday February 18th 2014 6pm-9pm
RSVP by Monday February 17th









jacket: stylemint  // pants: fab'rik (similar here) // bag: 3.1 phillip lim (similar here) // watch: michael kors (available here) // necklace & bracelets: stella and dot


9 comments:

  1. There are parts in each look that I LOVE ! The pants in the last look are amazing, The blue coat with that light collar is amazing and that kimono is amazing!!!!!!!!!! AND the styling event WILL be amazing..wish I would come hang out!
    sheree xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the looks!
    the last bag is amazing :D

    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2014/02/kul-streets.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these outfits. I briefly thought about doing the WWW 30 day challenge, and then toddler reality hit me in the face haha. I'll try and do a few though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last outfit is super! Those pants are incredible and they would be perfect here in Doha!
    www.bonjourchiara.com
    Facebook Page Bonjourchiara
    Bloglovin Bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those two looks are stunning !

    too bad that the pictures are a litlle blurry !


    what about following each other on several networks : GFC/FB and twitter for example ?
    Kisses
    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never fail to amaze me with your great style..

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    Dubai UAE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wide leg pants outfit the most!! The print is gorgeous..
    www.willfullyelegant.com

    ReplyDelete