Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Shaking a Case of "The Mean Reds"



outfit deets: tee: stylemint // jeans: tobi.com (similar here )// bag: shoemint // sunnies: diy// shoes: 3.1 phillip lim (available here )// jewels: stella & dot

Anyone who has seen Breakfast at Tiffany's (the link will explain if you don't know what I'm talking about) knows what I mean by having a case of the "mean reds". Being blue is inappropriate because you aren't sad, you are just kind of blah. Yesterday I was suffering from a serious case and I pulled out all the stops to shake those feelings....

1. putting on a pair of metallic jeans (aka one of the "loudest" pairs of pants I own).....check

2. getting an iced skinny vanilla latte......check

3. skipping the makeup and accessories (for the most part, you guys know I need at least 2 bracelets and a cocktail ring at all times).....check

4.  running around outside with the doodle bug....check, pretty sure that's what did the trick!


So, I'm curious, what do you guys do to shake a case of the "mean reds?"


If you would like to see mine and doodle's shenanigans (including running around trying to shake away those feelings of blahness) you can follow us on instagram @doodlesmom812 or check out the What2Wear facebook page here

PS today is the Trifabb meet up so check out the deets and join us for a totes amaze night.....you are totally lame if you don't....just sayin....unless you don't live in the Triangle, then I forgive you.


PSS If you haven't yet then please check out my StyleMint outfit and vote here !!! And thank you, thank you, thank you for those of you that voted for me, I lurve you guys :)






16 comments:

  1. so fun! never seen the movie but i so understand, bold outfits make everything better!!

    stopping by from wiww happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those metallic pants! I usually wear red or something super girly when I am feeling "red"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad is it that I haven't seen the movie? Need to get on that, I know! But anyways, love the metallic jeans! They are amazing!
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those metallic pants! Following you on Bloglovin. It will be great if you can check my blog and maybe follow me back:)

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeee I have that shoemint bag in plain clear! it's just so perfect isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love those jeans! I've never seen that movie, kinda cant believe that i havent. Great outfit!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. K, I'm in LOVE with your shoes!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfits are amazing!

    www.high4allheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my fave movies, def a classic!

    I am lame for missing the amazing meet up, but I am sick so I am sure no one wants to share my germs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always look very cool & effortless..Love how you put your outfits together! the sunnies are lovely, you did a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg this is such a nice outfit! love that metallic pants!!

    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your metallics trousers !

    http://www.olastory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look AMAZING! i love this look, brooke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower here! ^Molly sent me over :) I'm a new mom to a three month old baby girl and am looking forward to following your blog for fashion tips!

    Loving the outfit - specifically the combo of the casual t-shirt w/ the glam metallic jeans... you totally pull it off!

    ReplyDelete