There were several reasons why this weekend was AWESOME.......
1. my parents watched the doodle bug so that Sam and I could finally use our gift certificate to the Raleigh Walking Food Tours that we received as a wedding present....if you would like to see the amazing food we tried you can check out the new What2Eat section on the What2Wear facebook page here
|outfit deets: tee: stylemint // skirt: aryn k (available here )// shoes: sam edleman (available here )// bag: shoemint // jewels: stella & dot|
2. the hubs and I got to go to a local bar at 3 in the afternoon and day drink and stuff our faces with pizza like it was our job......(parents of 14 month old baby boy do not get to day drink....or really drink at all for that matter haha)
2 a. getting to wear this cobalt blue jacket that i've had in my closet for 5 years and never worn, was it to a whole-in-the-wall bar, yes, erroneous on all accounts
|outfit deets: top: daven (via clotheshound, similar here ) // jacket: urban outfitters, super old (similar here ) // shorts: urban outfitters (available here ) // shoes: 3.1 phillip lim (via asks, available here )// sunnies: prada (available here )// bag and jewels: stella & dot|
3. because I had so much free time I got to read some ifb articles including 100 Reasons Why It's Great to be a Blogger where I found several reasons that were most definitely written for me....
"Your mom will think you’re a celebrity, even if no one else does."
"Your mailman will think you’re a celebrity, too, or a drug runner. (So many packages!)"
"Sequins during daylight hours are highly encouraged."
"You can develop legitimate friendships with people you have tons in common with, without ever meeting them in person (and it’s not creepy)."
"It’s cooler not to dress sexy."
"Shopping can be considered “market research.”
4. getting to bring doodle to the state fair with my friend Rebecca and eat fried oreos and see all of the crazy rednecks and hillbillies our state has to offer.... if you would like to see mine and doodle's shenanigans from the fair you can follow us on instagram @doodlesmom812
|outfit deets: tee: stylemint // jeans: diy...see below for more // shoes: minnetonka (available here )// sunnies: kawaii kitsch by a // bag: louis vuitton via saks// watch: michael kors (available here )|
5. my free time also allowed me to get some diy projects done, one being the pants I wore to the fair...if you would like to see how I did this project you can follow the What2Wear facebook page here where I show you step by step
6. I tried my first French Macaroon at La Farm Bakery in Cary!!
7. being fortunate enough to have the best of both worlds by getting to spend some quality time with the hubs and getting to see my baby doodle light up when experiencing new things
PS I'm linking up with Molly today so be sure to check out the #yolo monday's link up!
PSS please don't forget to vote for my Stylemint outfit here because no offense but the girl in the lead's outfit is not that cute....I actually have the vest she has on....and I look way better in it....just sayin, so please vote!! And thank you to those that have already voted :)