Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Incognito








top: free people (similar here) // shorts: vintage levi (similar here) // boots: piperlime (available here) // scarf: alexander mcqueen (available here) // bag: madewell (available here) // sunnies: ray ban (available here)
photos by the amazing molly stillman

Hello and welcome to the new blog "Tigers Don't Lose Sleep". When I turned 25 back in June....chopped 12 inches of hair off.....celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary......then my child's 2nd birthday......my style evolved into something completely different and unrecognizable (in a good way). I find myself waking up and craving neutrals instead of bright colors, leather EVERYTHING, sneakers over ballet flats and pants over dresses any day.

I was wearing this outfit on a coffee date to meet my friend (and fashion soulmate) Ellen a couple of weeks ago and was feeling pretty cruddy and rundown. The only thing I was feeling good about was this outfit. Throughout the day no joke 5 different strangers complimented me on this ensemble. Whenever times are hard or I'm not feeling good my style is my armor. And although its nice to get compliments just remember: A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep :) See ya Friday skrillas

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh..another favorite look. So effortlessly chic. You have definitely come into your own and you have never looked better!
    The whole look is killer but the sheer and those frayed shorts are just amazing and the boots...omg I would be wearing them evreyday...GOR.GE.OUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those boots are seriously fabulous! great look!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boots and scarf are fabulous - love the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need advice on changing blog names! I'm thinking of going to my small business name for my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers to fashion soul mates, dressing away the bad day and to your new style perspective!!!


    xx,
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy crap those boots

    love the new blog, brooke. I've totally seen your style evolve, and I LOVE it. I'm growing more and more fond of the direction you're going with your sense of style every day, and I can't wait to see where you turn next.

    thanks for always giving me the most inspirational blog posts to wake up to.

    -gab

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect outfit !

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so chic in this outfit! totally loving that oversized white shirt paired with those skinny over-the-knee boots!

    Check out my new post featuring minimalistic handbag designs by Chiyome!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, I'm loving the blog name! Second, don't know what your style was like before, but I'm def. digging it now. So happy I came across your blog, will be following via Bloglovin'! XOXO

    www.foxyoxiesupernova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete